Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blog Response

1. There are a couple of blogs that I would consider emulating their style for this class. The Wired Science blog is nice because it is a very simple, clean approach. Here's the title, a picture of what I'm going to talk about, and then the words. I also like the activism blog for similar reasons. Nothing to click, a lot of embeds instead. And lastly, the Hyperbole blog is nice too. I like the idea of using humor within posts. Especially considering a lot of my time is spent finding silly images on the internets anyway.

2. I think the pedagogical blog would lend well to my own field of study. Especially if it is currently run by students in an English Masters program. From an aesthetic point, I can't find anything particularly noteworthy. I would be interested on a more content based level. I am, however, new to blogs and hyperlinks, so I think I would like to incorporate that into my postings as well.

3. I think hyperlinks are used to further a lot of points by using humor or more information. It is also a way to allow readers to get in the same mindset as the author. I tend to open up hyperlinks that I come across in new tabs and just continue reading. If I feel that the content provided by the hyperlinks is essential to my understanding of the topic, then I may stop to look at the hyperlink first.

4. I'm kind of a Disney nerd, so I am currently reading a couple of those. I think one of them is written by a couple of ex Imagineers(term used to describe the artists behind the work of the company), another one is a general parks update, and the last is one that focuses on the shift in design that the company has gone through over the years. In my mini obsession, I've come across a lot of common knowledge about a lot of different facets of the parks and the company. I mainly visit these to gain a different and more extensive insight, as well as to find a way to feel like I'm back in the parks. I have actually never followed a blog before just a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon some of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment